by Bodong Shi, Sino-Swiss Center Guangzhou
IPIEC GLOBAL 2018, guided by China’s Ministry of Industry and Information technology, is an entrepreneurial and innovation contest originated in China, aiming to bridge splendid ideas and innovation from overseas to the promising China market. The competition offers selected startups a business development week in China, including meetings with Chinese companies, industry clusters and investors in multiple cities across China.
On October 26th 2018, WTOIP in collaboration with Venturelab hosted the Swiss final of the IPIEC GLOBAL 2018, where 10 startups were pitching for a chance to win up USD 100,000 and a seat for a business roadshow in China. Insightness, Amphasys AG, MORPHEAN and BIOWATCH came out on top, selected as the top 30 IPIEC GLOBAL 2018 global champions, and compete with the world's best players for the $100,000 championship prize; deeply participate in the Chinese roadshow tour, and face-to-face exchanges with investors and potential cooperation agencies across China.
Insightness was selected as TOP 10 advances into Final ceremony of the IPIEC GLOBAL 2018 in Guangzhou on December 13th. MORPHEAN signed cooperation agreement with Chinese partner in Final ceremony.
Swiss Hi-Tech companies’ interaction with audiences
Intro of the 4 companies
- Amphasys focuses on the market development of pollen quality analysis and stands for an innovative and patented new "lab-on-chip"-technology to analyze single cells: Microfluidic impedance flow cytometry. It allows analysis of almost any kind of single cells from human, animal and plant sources as well as bacteria, yeast and algae. Taking into account that some high quality seeds are more expensive than gold (in weight), the reliable determination of pollen quality obviously becomes a key success factor in the seed production process. The most distinctive measure is viability (cell activity), in addition to count, concentration, size, and cell differentiation.
- BIOWATCH delicates to Wearable safety certification devices which can be used in payment, auto, access control and other areas. Wearable devices coupled with adequate biometric authentication have the power to avoid the cumbersome nature of authentication from daily lives. The products integrate finger vein, NFC and Bluetooth technologies to enable customers to have a better security authentication experience, ensuring user security and privacy.
- Insightness develops a highly efficient vision sensor technology which is inspired by people's eyes and builds spatial AI solutions (Vision Chip & Software) that allow devices to understand the structure of their environment, how things move and where they are located. The system uses self-designed chips and its tracking speed is 100m/ms which is 100 time faster than others. While this was already successfully deployed in drones, the current focus of Insightness is AR, VR and MR.
- Morphean, specializes in securing the connection of sensors and devices simply, and automatic response from collected data. It has the leading position in the fields of video, audio, big data analysis, artificial intelligence, etc., and uses AI to continuously improve the algorithm for monitoring and forecasting, and improve the platform function to bring business value to customers. There are two main application fields which have been greatly recognized by many customers in Europe:
1. Security & Guarding: To address issues such as access control, remote monitoring, intrusion detection, and perimeter detection;
2. Retail: To solve the problems of biometric identification, passenger flow statistics, consumer behavior analysis, face payment, KPI assessment.